Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beauty on a Beer Budget Take 2

Shall we talk more on beauty items that don't cost an arm and a leg? Yes? Oh good. That's just what I wanted to do today. That and have a nice piece of chocolate and win the Power Ball jackpot. (The first Beauty on a Beer Budget post is here.)

1. I have horribly chapped lips that like to crack and yell at me. (And yes, I do drink lots of water.) I fell in love with the Fresh line of lip gloss. It makes my lips very happy. The problem being that it is $22.50 for a tube that doesn't last a lifetime. Thankfully, the other day I stumbled on Nivea Intense Moisturizer. It was $1.99 for sale and I love it long time. Not as awesome as Fresh, BUT it really works and for $1.99 I'm all over it.

2. Maybelline Great Lash mascara. Seriously hands down the best mascara ever. Plus, it's usually around $5 and you can find coupons. My only Debbie Downer about this product is the lack of fun colors. I love me some purple or blue mascara.

3. Pond's Cold Cream. This shit removes all the eye make up off in one swipe - without having to scrub all your eyelashes off. My grandma used it everyday and easily had the best looking skin I've ever seen on a 96 yr old lady.

4. Wet n' Wild nail polish. The best. Stays on 10 times longer than the expensive stuff, and less than $2 a bottle, you can't beat it.

5. Revlon 16 Hr eye shadow. Now these usually run about $12 for a 4 color palette. More than I like to spend, but I wait until CVS runs a buy one get one sale. The shadow seriously stays on all day, especially if you use an eye shadow primer beforehand (Almay sells a nice one).

Have you found any item lately that knocked your socks off? Do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment