Thursday, October 25, 2012

I miss sleep

After the birth of my second child I just assumed that I would be able to sleep the night through by the time she was three.

Who the heck was I kidding? Okay, to be fair she does sleep through the night a good part of the time, but then she goes through spurts, painful, agonizing spurts where she does not sleep. Last night (this morning?) I rolled over, just shy of 2:30 am to find a pair of big blue eyes staring at me. I don't know about you, but waking up to someone staring at you is just creepy. Or maybe that's just me remembering the year I had a stalker ex-boyfriend. Whatever.

"Mommy, I want to lay down and cuddle wif you."

"Mommy just wants to cuddle her pillow sweetheart."

I put her back in bed, give her a cuddle, turn back on her music, and go back to bed. I get all cozy and comfy again and am just about to fall back asleep when I feel those eyes back on me.

Rinse, lather and repeat. I am TIRED. Someone go get me a Diet Coke IV STAT.

3 comments:

  1. Mine is pretty slick, she just climbs in my bed and hopes I don't notice! Sometimes Ken is still awake and sends her back to bed. She tells me in the morning that daddy "busted" her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I wish I was waking up to a pair of little eyes at night. Kind of miss those days. My younger 3 all did not sleep through the night until age 3 and the youngest girl ended up with her bed right next to ours at that age just so when she woke at night she could reach out and grab my hand. Worked a treat and was one step out of OUR bed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are good to actually get up and put her back to bed. I don't even wake up anymore when my 4 year old crawls in bed with me. I figure it's going to end at some point.

    ReplyDelete