Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crafty Spaz

So, here's the thing.

I am a bit of a spaz when it comes to art projects. I call it crafty spaz. You may call it a lack of an attention span. Whatever. Potato, pahtahto.

My main seller at all my fairs and on my Etsy page are my little girl dresses. Only I can't stay focused enough to make the same dress 8500 different times and stay happy. I have to make something new. This is the same thing with jewelry making and drawing. I can only stand to make things for so long and then I have to stop. Thankfully my love of fun fabric at least keeps me interested in sewing. I just have to broaden my horizons to make new and fresh items. It's the only way to keep up my craft mojo. If I don't then you'll just find me sitting on the couch with a package of Oreos and NCIS reruns. And possibly drooling. Oreo cookie drool is not pretty people.

Which brings me to these new dresses:

















Applique fun with a touch of embroidery! Weeeeeeeee! Oh the possibilities. I'm really digging the one color dress and having the applique being the shazam factor. I made this in a 4T. I expect it will sell at my 4 (4!) fairs I have lined up, but if it doesn't I am so making my daughter wear it. That's my prerogative as a mother and as a crafter.

1 comment:

  1. You should have your cute little daughter at the fairs with you to model the outfits. - with a little sign on her back saying where it was made and by whom! Have your husband walk her around as advertisement!

    (and I know how well that suggestion will go over - hahahah)

    ReplyDelete