Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A tip, perhaps

I can't stand tissue paper patterns. I hate how they move and pinning to them to the fabric never works for me either. Maybe I am just dense when it comes to the best way to use tissue paper patterns. For my reversible dresses, sometimes due to the pattern not staying exactly in place, the material for the dresses didn't come out exact. I had to give myself some wiggle room in lining up the fabric pieces to sew. Not a big deal, every dress turned out cute as a button in the end. The other day I had a major AHA! moment. And then I smacked myself upside the head for taking this long to figure out a different option. I transferred the pattern to poster board and cut it out. The hard board didn't move at all when I cut out my fabric pieces for the next dress. The pieces lined up exactly this time and I didn't have to fudge anything. (insert crazy laugh here) I only wish I thought of this sooner!

Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful 4th. For those of you outside of the US, I hope you enjoyed a nice cold beer just because.

(Cute picture of my kid that has nothing to do with this post at all. Can you blame me?!?!)

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say that I always used to trace the patterns off to nicer paper. . Way back when I actually used to sew that is! But I see you worked it out in the end Its a bit hard when ones daughter takes fashion design, graduates, gets a job and moves out taking ALL ones sewing supplies along with her! LOL I could not even find a bit of cotton to sew a button on a knitting project the other week! Hmmmm

    Your baby girl is growing up so fast! Just look at her. She is so so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete