Monday, January 7, 2013

Hola, me llamo Nicole

Sometime last month my beloved iron died. I know, (insert sarcasm here) you feel the loss as much as I do. I loved that iron. As a person who sews, your iron is like your best friend. Only it doesn't go shopping with you to tell you when a certain pair of pants makes your butt look fat. Secretly I kind of wish it did, because that iron has seen me through many a hard time sewing in the last two years. I went out shopping to find another suitable iron, bought one, and decidedly hate it. I've already thrown away the box and receipt. Now I am kind of stuck with and iron, who might I add only likes to steam when it wants to. If I want some steam action, I press the steam button and wait. And wait. And wait. Then as I start to iron something I don't need to use steam with, it lets out a huge gust of steamy air, pissing me off in the process. I think it might by possessed or maybe it just secretly likes wrinkles. Either way now I feel like I HAVE to use this iron I already paid for. What to do, what to do....... Are there magical iron fairies somewhere out there that deliver new and fabulous irons to good little boys and girls?

In other news, I have many a fun new project on the drafting table this year. Lots of ideas floating around in my head, hopefully I will be able to share them with you, plus a side of sarcasm. A blog from me doesn't feel the same unless it's laced with loads of sarcasm and an occasional swear word thrown in there for good luck. Bet you didn't know swearing brings good luck. There, see? You do learn something new every day. You're welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. what's an iron. Somewhere in our family is a small collection of old irons (I know I didn't get the collection when my mom died) Anyway, my favorite one was one that had a big hole where you stuffed the hot coals.

    ReplyDelete